Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week #8 Exploring Web 2.0 sites

Well, since I had to explore many of these sites in order to complete my 23 Things, I didn't see a lot out there that I was particularly interested in. I did look at http://www.etsy.com/ which had very unique items for purchase. I'm not a big shopper, but I get tired of seeing the same stuff from one mall to another. There were some reasonably priced items especially the earrings on this site.

I also looked at http://www.facebook.com/. I have an account but never go there. Over a year ago, one friend of mine had some pictures that I wanted to view so I created an account. Last week or so, another friend made a request to add me to her friends' list so I decided to pop in to browse around.

The pages seem overly busy and cluttered with all kinds of stuff. Good Lord, how does one have time to keep up with all of this personal stuff? I guess if you are used to looking at them, it's not so overwhelming. I just have no need to document my life on a continuous basis.

I also tried to listen to a few of the music web sites. I checked out www.last.fm which was okay. One song played beautifully, but another had a buffering problem. I might look into this again in order to hear some new music by artists that I am unfamiliar with.

No comments: